Electrochromic glazing in building
WO3 + n(H+ + e-) → HnWO3
● There is a negative impact of poorly daylit and view-less spaces on mood, job satisfaction, health, and productivity of employees.
● Interior manually controlled shades are ineffective in preventing overheating issues. Since they usually remain lowered, the room does not benefit from daylight harvesting, resulting in higher heating and electrical lighting.
● In the winter season, it minimizes the cooling loads when tinted.
● It also allows optimum use of the daylighting all year long.
● It can have a significant impact on reducing the energy bill by saving up to 34 percent in cooling loads and 29 percent in electrical lighting use.
● It provides the occupants with 98% UV protection and 40% solar reduction.